Airbus SE
HomeAll Profiles
July 1, 2020
Updated on:

Airbus SE

Revenue:
EUR 70,478.0 million (2019)
Profit:
EUR -1,325.0 million (2019)
Employees:
134,931 (2019)
GICS Industry Group:
Headquarters:
Leiden, Netherlands
Founded:
1970
Current CEO:
Guillaume Faury (10 Apr 2019–)
Parent:
This is the ultimate parent

Description

Airbus SE (Airbus) designs, manufactures and sells civil and military aerospace products worldwide. The company's manufacturing operations are largely run in the European Union (France, Germany, Spain, United Kingdom), thought the company also has manufacturing and production facilities in China and the United States.

For the year end 31 December 2019, Airbus delivered 863 commercial aircraft, with deliveries of the A320 Family representing the majority - 74.39% (642) - of total commercial aircraft deliveries. In the same financial year, Airbus delivered 332 helicopters (down from 356 in the previous year) and 31 defence and space related products.

Airbus was created due to consolidation in the European aerospace industry. In 2000, the European Aeronautic Defence and Space Company (EADS) NV was formed through the merger of three European aerospace companies: Aerospatiale Matra (France), DaimlerChrysler Aerospace (Germany), and Construcciones Aeronáuticas SA (Spain). In addition to other subsidiaries pertaining to security and space activities, EADS owned 100% of the pre-existing Eurocopter SA, established in 1992, as well as 80% of Airbus Industrie GIE. In 2006, EADS acquired BAE Systems's remaining 20% of Airbus. EADS NV was renamed Airbus Group NV and SE in 2014, and 2015, respectively. The company's name was changed to Airbus SE in April 2017.

Airbus is registered in the Netherlands and is publicly traded in France (Euronext Paris), Germany (Frankfurt Stock Exchange) and Spain (Bolsa de Madrid) under the code AIR.

In Euros (EUR)
In Euros (EUR)
In Euros (EUR)
No items found.

Operating Segments:

Airbus - The Airbus segment represents Airbus SE's commercial aircraft sales. The product portfolio of commercial aircraft encompasses short range models such as the A320 family, and other models such as the A380, A330, A220, and the A350 XWB. For the year ending 31 December 2019, the Airbus segment accounted for 76.73% (EUR 54,079 million) of total revenue.

Airbus defence and space - Airbus Defence and Space was formed in January 2014 as part of the group restructuring from the former EADS divisions Airbus Military, Astrium, and Cassidian. Airbus Defence designs, manufactures, and maintains aircraft such as the A400M, C295, CN235, A330 MRTT and Eurofighter Typhoon. Airbus Space designs, manufacturers, and maintains a number of spacecraft including "Earth Observers" (imagery satellites) such as the Astrobus-XS and the GO3S, telecommunication satellites (Eurostar series),space infrastructure including the Orion ESM, the International Space Station’s Columbus module, Bartolomeo and ATV, and launchers which include the Ariane 5 and 6. For the year ending 31 December 2019, the Airbus defence and space segment accounted for 15.35% (EUR 10,821 million) of total revenue.

Airbus helicopters - Airbus helicopters includes civil, military and corporate helicopters. Civil helicopters include intermediate single helicopters such as the H125 and H130 to the heavy H215 and H225. Military helicopters range from the specialised Tiger to light H125M. Corporate helicopters range from the ACH125 to the ACH175. The helicopters segment also designs and manufactures unmanned aerial systems (UAS). For the year ending 31 December 2019, the Airbus helicopters segment accounted for 7.91% (EUR 5,578 million) of total revenue.

Mergers and Acquisitions:

What’s a Rich Text element?

The rich text element allows you to create and format headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, images, and video all in one place instead of having to add and format them individually. Just double-click and easily create content.

Static and dynamic content editing

A rich text element can be used with static or dynamic content. For static content, just drop it into any page and begin editing. For dynamic content, add a rich text field to any collection and then connect a rich text element to that field in the settings panel. Voila!

How to customize formatting for each rich text

Headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, figures, images, and figure captions can all be styled after a class is added to the rich text element using the "When inside of" nested selector system.

Signup to a free account to access M&A data!

Signup for FREE to access all mergers and acquisitions data!
BigDiscover is the only platform to offer M&A data completely for free!

Click Here to Signup for FREE
Copyright © 2020 BigDiscover. All rights reserved.