China Mobile Limited
HomeAll Profiles
July 1, 2020
Updated on:

China Mobile Limited

Revenue:
RMB 745,917 million (2019)
Profit:
RMB 106,791 million (2019)
Employees:
456,239 (2019)
GICS Industry Group:
Headquarters:
Hong Kong
Founded:
3 September 1997
Current CEO:
Li Yue (19 Aug 2010-)
Parent:
China Mobile Communications Group Co Ltd

Description

China Mobile Ltd provides telecommunications and other related services in all 31 provinces, autonomous regions and directly-administered municipalities throughout Mainland China and Hong Kong. China Mobiles's businesses primarily consist of mobile voice and data business, wireline broadband and other information and communications services. The company was founded on 3 September 1997 and is headquartered in Hong Kong.

As at 31 December 2019, China Mobile and its subsidiaries employed 456,239 people. In the same year, the company had 887.2 million total mobile customers, 112.7 million wireless broadband business customers, and 229 million IoT business customers.

China Mobile’s ultimate controlling shareholder is China Mobile Communications Group Co Ltd (formerly known as China Mobile Communications Corporation). China Mobile Communications Group is a Chinese government owned entity, which was created in 2000 by spinning off the mobile telecommunications division of the former posts and telecommunications ministry. As at 31 March 2020, China Mobile Communications Group indirectly held approximately 72.72% of the total number of issued shares of the company. The remaining approximately 27.28% was held by public investors.

China Mobile Limited is listed on both the New York Stock Exchange under the code CHL, and the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong under the code 941.

In Renminbi (RMB)
In Renminbi (RMB)
In Renminbi (RMB)
No items found.

Operating Segments:

Data services - China Mobile's data services include short message services and multimedia message services, wireless data traffic services and application and information services, such as Mobile Music, Mobile Reading and Mobile Video, among others. For the year end 31 December 2019, revenue from voice services accounted for 75.75% (RMB 565,025 million) of total revenue.

Voice services - China Mobile's voice services include local calls, domestic and international long distance calls, roaming services and voice value-added services. For the year end 31 December 2019, revenue from voice services accounted for 11.88% (RMB 88,624 million) of total revenue.

Sales of products and others - China Mobile actively promotes the sale of handsets through open channels. The company's terminal sale business mainly serves to facilitate the expansion of the core telecommunications services, and hence its profit contribution is relatively low. For the year end 31 December 2019, revenue from the sales of products and others accounted for 9.59% (RMB 71,525 million) of total revenue.

Note: China Mobile's revenue also has a segment called other, or other telecommunications services. For the year end 31 December 2019, revenue from the other telecommunications services segment accounted for 2.78% (RMB 20,743 million) of total revenue.

Mergers and Acquisitions:

What’s a Rich Text element?

The rich text element allows you to create and format headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, images, and video all in one place instead of having to add and format them individually. Just double-click and easily create content.

Static and dynamic content editing

A rich text element can be used with static or dynamic content. For static content, just drop it into any page and begin editing. For dynamic content, add a rich text field to any collection and then connect a rich text element to that field in the settings panel. Voila!

How to customize formatting for each rich text

Headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, figures, images, and figure captions can all be styled after a class is added to the rich text element using the "When inside of" nested selector system.

Signup to a free account to access M&A data!

Signup for FREE to access all mergers and acquisitions data!
BigDiscover is the only platform to offer M&A data completely for free!

Click Here to Signup for FREE
Copyright © 2020 BigDiscover. All rights reserved.